Get in the Show Contest
Get in the Show in 2012 was Adventures in Odyssey’s biggest contest ever. The excitement is returning in 2017. Use this page to read about the 2012 event.
Get in the Show was a chance for fans to audition for a part in Adventures in Odyssey Volume #57.
Contest Announcement and Entries
- February 8: VIDEO PODCAST: Brock and Diane search for the voice (and announce the Get in the Show Contest).
- February 22: VIDEO PODCAST: More about Get in the Show, plus the world premiere of the lyrics video
- July 11: VIDEO PODCAST: Get in the Show update and submission guidelines
- August 22: Contest deadline. More than 5,500 fans submitted auditions!
- October 1: Watch all 12 semi-finalist video entries. (More than 20,000 vote for their favorite finalists!)
- October 3: VIDEO PODCAST: Watch the 12 semi-finalists and learn how we selected winners.
- October 9: SOCIAL SHOUT-OUT: The three finalists (Annaliese, Anya, and Shona) are announced to the world!
- November 14: VIDEO PODCAST: Watch more entries and see the finalists perform with the actors. Plus, announcement of the winner! (More than 500 gather in Colorado Springs, and 12,000 watch online to choose the winner.)
The Adventures in Odyssey Music Video was fans chance to create their own music video and win $500 of Adventures in Odyssey merchandise for their church library.
- August 22: VIDEO PODCAST: Doc Brock announces the Get in the Show Music Video Contest
- November 3: The winner is announced live in Colorado Springs. See the winning entry!
History of Get in the Show
- The contest was hosted nationwide at Christian bookstores. We provided two scripts for you and a partner to read. You provided the great voices! (The deadline to enter was August 22.)
- We selected the top 12 auditions and announced them on October 1.
- Fans worldwide voted for the top 3 voices. Voting took place October 1 to October 8, with the finalists announced the week of October 9.
- We brought the top 3 finalists (and one guardian each) to Colorado Springs to audition live in front of a global web audience. The event was November 3, 2012.Viewers from around the world voted for the winner!
- The winner will be featured on the cover of the March 2013 issue of Focus on the Family’s Clubhouse Magazine, and be a contributor in Clubhouse Magazine’s popular “Look Up” section accompanied by their very own caricature portrait during 2013! In addition, our winner could participate in behind-the-scenes interviews, and more!
- Read the Contest FAQ
- Audition Contest Official Rules (PDF)
- Music Video Contest Official Rules (PDF)
- 25th Anniversary News Room
Thanks for a great contest!